Whatever Profession You Are In, Don't Forget the Basics! BOOK: Tell Me Why?

http://gizandcheese.blogspot.com/2014/01/Dont-Forget-The-Basics.html

Have you ever experienced being asked by a child about something and you know that you know but you just can't seem to give a concrete answer or explanation? It's not just at the tip of your tongue, but as if it's easier to define the complex than the simple. That's may be the reason why the show "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" became so popular, the kids seems to give a factual explanation of almost all the simple things we tend to forget and even know more basic truths than us.


I feel that if we are to be really excellent in our chosen fields, it helps to remember the basics. Well, it's our skeleton; the foundation that will help us stand firm and still, amid the chaos and complexity thrown to us every day.



http://gizandcheese.blogspot.com/2014/01/Dont-Forget-The-Basics.html

The Book "Tell Me Why? Answers to Hundreds of Questions" (shown above), gave me a lesson 101 on almost all vital subjects. It came to my possession a couple of weeks ago because I was searching my brother's book shelves to find something worthy to dig. I did not intend to read the whole book though, I was only planning to scan and skim. However, it eventually got me engaged. It started by giving facts first about the Human Body (such as chromosomes, genetics, etc); secondly, the natural world, science and technology, Earth and space, ancient history, then modern history.


I must admit, I was dumbfounded to realize that there were a lot of things I've forgotten, and astonished how re-reading these basic truths made me understand things I deal with nowadays, better! Sometimes, it's just seriously funny how we think we know a lot and yet forget the basics. We usually think we're smarter now. Over the years we added more information into our brains but then we somehow neglect to retain the old, important ones.


You may also want to read:
A Gift that Counts
Astounding Life Lessons I've Learned From Catherine Called 'Birdy'

Popular posts from this blog

8 Essential Tips for New Mountaineers

The Obvious Reasons Why Pain Really Changes People

Discovering Mt. Semilya

Astounding Life Lessons I've Learned From Catherine Called 'Birdy'

Phenomenal "Free Fall" Base Jump Filmed On Breath-Hold In The Deepest Blue Hole In The World!