What Makes Our Thoughts Powerful and Sometimes Dangerous?

Travelling-All-Year-Round





















On in September 2012, I decided to leave the corporate world to rest from the daily routine of 8 hours work for at least a year and hope to travel once a month. The truth was, it's just a thought that constantly visit me when I'm idle and daydreaming a bit; but I'm really not sure how it'll be possible. A few months after my resignation, I worked as a freelancer which allowed me to manage my time and decided to work on days I find suitable. Without really intending to, I was actually making my then wishes come true.

On January 2013, my mountaineering group decided to do an anniversary climb which is the Mt. Malipunyo Traverse (day-hike). A month after, my siblings and I received an invitation to visit Bataan and meet our long lost cousins. Up to the end of the year, I kept on travelling every month going to places I've never been; mountains, beaches, waterfalls, city attractions, historical sites, etcetera.


Before New Year's Eve, a couple of hours to welcome 2014, I've reflected on what had happened throughout my (2013) year and I realized that the highlight was me travelling all year-round. But what also amazes me was that I didn't even spend so much money doing so, it was either an all-expense paid or a budget-friendly trip.


I've read a pretty fair amount of motivational books that implies how powerful or even at times very dangerous our thoughts can become. These successful people seem to agree at the idea of being mindful of how we think and what we constantly allow to rent a space in our minds. I bet you've heard the adage that what your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve. 


How powerful it is, indeed, that our imaginings or created visions can manifest itself to become our reality. And it is for the matter, also is very dangerous if we do not control, scrutinize the things we think about. This gives us a clear reminder that we have the choice to either live a successful life or a defeated one. 


The idea, it seems, not only serve practical to construct a new world in our minds that we hope to be our present reality; but I believe that it's an avenue to make wiser decisions about what we choose to see, to read, to hear, or what we allow to influence us. Even the Bible urge us to be careful about how we think and view life. Not to mention that Paul stresses this idea in 2 Corinthians 10: 5 to "capture every thought into captivity" and in Philippians 4:8; "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."


James Allen once said that you are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. Looking back in my life and from observing the people around me, I noticed that what we usually utter, what we usually think and what we usually tell ourselves and to other people, whether it's a good thing or not, it may eventually become our reality. We may not be consciously aware of it every moment, but try consider that it may be rooted from our hidden desires. 

It's thrilling to know that even researchers can attest that there is a scientific basis about the power in our thoughts. This, I believe, should give us more reason to consider what we think about - carefully. It is paramount to think only of good constructive thoughts - otherwise it may lead us the wrong way. Because our thoughts can become our habits, and our habits becomes our character, and character can either be good or bad - but either way they will surely affect our life tremendously. So I suggest we begin our day by thinking healthy, helpful, inspiring positive thoughts! :)


You may also want to read:

Discovering Mt. Semilya
3 Reasons Why People Go Crazy Over Jennifer Lawrence!

Popular posts from this blog

8 Essential Tips for New Mountaineers

The Obvious Reasons Why Pain Really Changes People

Discovering Mt. Semilya

Astounding Life Lessons I've Learned From Catherine Called 'Birdy'

Phenomenal "Free Fall" Base Jump Filmed On Breath-Hold In The Deepest Blue Hole In The World!