The Dancing Sea Fairies

pink-jellyfishes-picture

When my sister told me that we will be visiting the “Dancing Sea Fairies,” another famous attraction in the Manila Ocean Park; I can't hep but be curious. My mind raced figuring out what are those, and of course considered the probability that it must be a hoax! I mean the possibility that sea fairies exist, ha!


Definitely I was skeptical, though the inner child of me was a bit silly trying to sketch in mind my best guess of what it may look like. A couple of minutes passed, and yes, I just couldn't resist asking for an answer. My sister though, unaware of my musings, flatly said – Jellyfish. 


Jellyfish-aquariums

Ah, well, it’s probably the best way to describe these sea creatures. Why not! Jellyfishes indeed looks like fairies, it’s tentacles that swim so gracefully looking as if it’s floating in the air and not under water - so weightless, effortless. Its perfect camouflage, dancing around and so captivating to watch. As if it’s casting a spell on you, absolutely stunning to stare at and yet can be so dangerous once it strikes. It moves almost fairy-like, appears fictional and magical.



Different-types-Jellyfish-pictures

The Manila Ocean Park holds a live museum of jellyfishes with over a thousand plus in number. They showcase almost all known type of this genus, though with the exception of the deadly and terrifying beauty of the box-jellyfish.


It’s not the usual aquarium display to see; when you’re inside the museum, step by step you’re being taken to a different world - the world of sea fairies; dancing beautifully for you.


Jellyfish-Aquariums-in-the-Philippines

On a final note, I'm not really into the idea of capturing these creatures for educational and amusement display. Never have I really bought tickets to places like these because I am not a supporter. I'm only able to visit when someone treats me or give me free tickets. I still believe that they belong to the natural world, their natural habitat, their home.














You may also want to read:

Phenomenal "Free Fall" Base Jump Filmed On Breath-Hold In The Deepest Blue Hole In The World!
The Lamplighter and Spaceship 2000

Popular posts from this blog

8 Essential Tips for New Mountaineers

The Obvious Reasons Why Pain Really Changes People

Discovering Mt. Semilya

Astounding Life Lessons I've Learned From Catherine Called 'Birdy'

Phenomenal "Free Fall" Base Jump Filmed On Breath-Hold In The Deepest Blue Hole In The World!